Cancer and Post-Surgical Recovery with Acupuncture
Acupuncture can help you recover from the side effects of surgery and cancer treatment.
It is not uncommon to hear people reflect upon a past surgery as the beginning of a downward spiral. All surgeries create scar tissue. Often, surgical scars are harder, thicker and less elastic than the surrounding tissue. Initially, there is residual inflammation on and around the surgical site. This can lead not only to localized pain but also, over time, to secondary problems in the musculoskeletal, digestive, respiratory and immune system.
These scars may affect other bodily functions. It is not unusual for people to experience seemingly unrelated problems that create a lack of well-being and reduced energy, as a result of scar tissue.
Cancer treatments, including chemotherapy and radiation, have well known side effects, including headaches, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, loss of appetite, loss of sex drive, fatigue, anxiety and depression.
- Reduces or eliminates pain due to energetic blocks related to scars
- Restores elasticity to scar tissue
- Increases mobility that has been lost due to scars
- Restores the conductivity of Qi (energy) through the scar tissue
- Improves the blood flow and circulation to the scar area
- Strengthens the immune system and reduces the risk of infection after surgical procedures
- Facilitates detoxification by supporting your organs (liver, large intestine, kidneys)
- Reduces or eliminates pain
- Improves appetite, digestion & minimizes nausea
- Strengthens the immune system
- Restores a healthy flow of Qi (energy) through the body
- Improves energy & vitality and can restore sexual function & sex drive
Acupuncture is a powerful and safe tool to help manage the side effects of surgeries and cancer therapies