Physical Therapy for Sport Injuries
If you lead an active lifestyle, sports injuries are a painful reality. Acute injuries, including ankle sprains, torn hamstrings, groin pulls, back & neck sprains and torn ligaments in the knee & shoulder, are often secondary to a sudden & traumatic event. Chronic problems, including shin splints, achilles tendonitis, patellofemoral syndrome, psoas (hip flexor) tendonitis, rotator cuff tears, tennis or golf elbow (lateral or medial epicondylitis) and osteoarthritis are usually problems of wear that occur gradually over time.
At Frome Physical Therapy we have more than 30 years of experience working with world-class professional athletes as well as college and amateur athletes.
- Reduces pain in both chronic and acute injury
- Restores the flow of Qi (energy) to the area
- Improves blood flow
- Improves ROM (range of motion) and restores mobility
- Improves structural alignment and biomechanics
Physical Therapy for Prevention
- Offers a tailored program of warm-ups and stretching
- Provides advice regarding strength and endurance training
- Establishes realistic goals based on history, age and condition
- Another great tool for the prevention of and recovery from injury
- Restores normal biomechanics to the joints
- Balances the tensions throughout the body
- Improves alignment
- Increases flexibility
With the proper care, you can recover from injury and get back in the game.